Our dynamic team has positions available – find your fit.
Full-Time Teacher Position
Applewood Academy for Progressive Learning is looking to hire a full time Ontario Certified Teacher with Intermediate/Senior qualifications. This Teacher will work within our High School Program with the position commencing on August 23, 2018. (preference will be given to Teachers with Mathematics qualifications)
Applewood Academy’s Certified Teacher would be responsible for facilitating Independent Learning Courses covering several curriculum areas while overseeing the overall group education programming. This Teacher would work as part of an interdisciplinary team including Child and Youth Counselors, Ontario Certified Teachers, Early Childhood Educators, Clinicians, and a Psychiatrist to facilitate a positive learning environment and individualized programming for all Applewood students.
- Ontario College of Teachers certification required
- Intermediate/Senior Qualifications (Preference given to Mathematics qualifications)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Experience with children with special needs is strongly recommended
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of special education and works comfortably with students ranging in age from 14-18.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team, as well as an ability to take initiative and work independently, are assets
- Current Ontario driver’s license
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR – level C certification (can be obtained upon hire within a designated period)
- Clearance from a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector check and Child Welfare
This information can be emailed, faxed or delivered in person to Applewood Academy:
72 Orchard Drive
Belleville ON K8P 2K7
Closing date: July 20, 2018