Child & Youth Workers (or equivalent)
We’re looking for Child & Youth Workers (or equivalent) to work a set rotation that consists primarily of days / evenings and every other weekend (occasional nights may be required) at Applewood Academy in our new residence located in Belleville. You’ll be supporting children between the ages of 6-18 in the achievement of their individual treatment goals. Training allowances and clinical support are also available. It is our intention to build strong staff who enjoy working with our youth – even on the most chaotic of days.
Rate of pay is based on your level of education and professional experience starting at $18.00 per hour.
If you meet the qualifications, feel like you could contribute to our organization, and would like to be considered for a Child and Youth Worker position please submit a resume and covering letter by July 11, 2022.
Successful applicants, you will be required to submit the following:
- CPIC with Vulnerable Sector completed within the last 3 months
- Copy of Driver’s License (G2 or G level is mandatory)
- Access to a vehicle
- Current Drivers Abstract
- Proof of Car Insurance
- 3 Written Reference Letters
- Proof of Education (i.e diploma, degree, or evidence of current active enrolment)
- Children’s Aid Society background check letter
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Submit resume via email, fax, or in-person.
72 Orchard Drive
Applewood Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that provides individualized therapeutic and academic support for our students. Applewood is looking for a Mathematics and Science tutor who has a thorough understanding of the grade 11 and 12 Mathematics and Science curriculum and has the ability to successfully support our students in their learning journey. Our school day runs Monday to Friday from 9:00 am – 2:45 pm, we are looking for a tutor that can support our students consistently 2 days a week ( specific times are flexible within the school day hours) opportunities for additional hours Monday – Thursday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm may also be available depending on our student population.
- Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment, and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
We are looking for:
- Ontario Certified Teacher is preferred
- Candidates in Teachers College or university designation towards education.
- Previous experience working with students with special needs is an asset.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs and learning styles.
- A passion to help students reach their potential.
- Exceptionally organized
- Ability to teach groups of 2-3 students.
- Clearance from a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector check and Child Welfare
Job Type: Contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Please forward resume and covering letter to Marissa Norton, [email protected]