About Our Therapeutic Boarding School for Troubled Youth
The elementary school program at Applewood Academy for Progressive Learning has been issued a Board Student Identification Number (BSID) and is listed as a private school on the Ontario Ministry of Education website. Our mission is to provide individualized, therapeutically supported educational programming for students from kindergarten to grade 8, whose learning has been impacted upon by challenges from developmental, medical, and mental health conditions. We work in partnership with the local school board to help adolescent students earn high school credits.
Local school boards will try their best to assist with your child’s needs and difficulties. Unfortunately they are often ill-equipped to do so. We take a great deal of pride in our therapeutic boarding schools’ many success stories.
Think we might be the right fit? Begin the conversation by contacting us – we could be the right provider of supportive educational and home environments for you.
Our programs have directly helped many students and their entire families.
Our three core principles of Care, Safety and Treatment come together to help our students. They ensure that each student can develop and grow in an environment that meets their needs.
To help your child be successful we offer:
How We Can Help:
- Assist children with special treatment and learning needs in obtaining their highest academic potential
- Promote healthy personality development in the child
- Reduce and counterbalance the negative factors contributing to a child’s emotional health
- Support and facilitate the transition of the child back into a community school whenever possible and beneficial to the child or engage in planning which promotes continuity of care for the child when this is not possible
- Support the child becoming a successful and self-led learner
- Support the child to feel part of a school community
- Provide professional teaching and counselling through classroom experiences that promote normal maturation (care), prevent further injury to the child (safety), and correct specific problems that interfere with healthy personality development (treatment)
Our 3 Pillars For Success:
If you would like to find out more about our program please contact us via the form. We’re also available to take your phone call during regular business hours (EST) at 613-962-1042. If you prefer, schedule a time for us to call you.