Applewood Academy is a licensed therapeutic boarding school for students requiring individualized academic, clinical, and behaviour-management solutions.
Our therapeutic boarding school environment meets the individual needs of our students and helps them succeed. Place your child in a supportive educational environment.
It all starts with being here.
Our students achieve a 99% average attendance rate.
100% of our students create healthy sleep, nutrition, and activity plans to support their learning.
We Really Care.
88% of our students indicate that they attend a caring, safe educational environment.
Around the clock.
Academic support and clinical treatment under one roof.
Ready to join Applewood Academy?
Register for the 2021/22 school year.
Applewood Academy For Progressive Learning is a therapeutic boarding school for students requiring individualized academic, clinical, and behaviour-management solutions. Think of it as academic support and clinical treatment under one roof – around the clock.
We provide a small group, structured, boarding school environment. Classrooms groups are less than 12, with a 4:1 student to staff ratio. This allows students with special needs to either maintain or re-establish positive attitudes towards learning.
The services we provide are more intense than those found in a regular special education or alternative school setting. We develop a curriculum within the Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines and implement it through a Certified Teacher. Additional academic support is provided through Child and Youth Workers. CYWs also assist in establishing a structured environment and behavioural management.
The Applewood team regularly administers the following therapeutic components:
- academic evaluations
- clinical consultations
- behavioural management strategies
- therapeutic support staff
- self-enhancement programs
Our belief is that students benefit from active learning. We believe that educators, in combination with trained professionals, are the facilitators of this learning. We believe that everyone is an equal member of the treatment team.
The Therapeutic Boarding School Model
Our dedicated staff have specialized experience in:
- special education
- and social work
We maintain academic and residential placements through:
- development of therapeutic relationships
- application of behavioral management techniques
- implementation of individualized learning programs
- and continuous clinical and academic support
Find out more by contacting us today.
The Latest From Our Blog
- Autism-related articles that may have value for youSometimes we get outreach from people that want to ‘spread the word’. Here’s a recent email from a family looking to share some autism-related content that has value to the community. Enjoy! “Our youngest child, Anna, is a very… Continue reading